This is our Agreement with you as required by Tracey Nominees Pty Ltd as Trustee For The Tracey Trust Trading as MBA Building Inspections and Consultants and MBA Building Management:
- Our first scope of engagement (FSOE) includes a site inspection, advice, and report. An additional cost can be incurred for travelling to and from site, and accommodation if applicable.
- If a second scope of engagement is required it will be based on an hourly rate for our service, plus additional costs for administration travel and accommodation if applicable.
The hourly rates are for our professional services are set out below:
- At an hourly rate of $250.00 for work carried out by Michael Tracey.
- At an hourly rate of $85.00 for administration costs
- Travel expenses will be charged at the actual cost of $2-00 per kilometre each way (including travel expenses and time)
- An additional cost for accommodation if required
- An additional cost may be incurred for other services for service providers and consultants and other specialist advice that may be required.
GST: All rates, charges, expenses etc are GST exclusive unless otherwise stated. Where the service provided is subject to GST, GST of 10% will be added and charged to you.
Our fees are calculated in one of three ways:
- As a fixed amount;
- Based on our hourly rate; or
- A combination of both.
Where our fees are fixed, they may be fixed for a task, a period of time or on another basis.
In addition to our fees we will charge you at cost for any expenses we incur on your behalf. Such as other service providers and consultants and specialist advice or services. eg plumbers’ fees, electrician fees, council fees, trades person fees and any sundry fees and any GST on these expenses.
This will also include any expenses for travel and accommodation if required.
If, in providing additional services for you, it becomes necessary to engage another service providers
to provide advice or services, we will consult you about the terms of this engagement before incurring the expense. We will provide you with a statement setting out the rates and estimated costs of any other service providers we propose to engage as soon as this information is available.
We may request that you provide us with payment in advance of us incurring an expense on your behalf.
Where our engagement is for a limited amount of work in a matter that changes, we endeavour to inform you of the possible total costs you could incur so that you can make an informed decision about incurring cost for the limited stage.
If it becomes necessary to carry out work outside the engagement, we will notify you and provide you with either a revised price or an estimate of the costs for that work.
You have the right to
- Negotiate a costs agreement with us;
- upon receipt of a bill from us to request an itemised bill within 7 days of receiving a non-itemised bill.
We will send you a bill of costs containing information of our professional fees and charges, disbursements and expenses including GST. Payments will be made with an upfront progress payment, and then progress payments in advance thereafter.
We will also request upfront payment of certain disbursements (such as Council fees or experts’ report) when requested by the providers of those services.
Unless our engagement states otherwise:
- We will invoice you for the work we have done for you either on completion of a task, monthly or at regular intervals:
- We require our tax invoices to be paid within 14 days of the date of the tax invoice or, where we require payment in advance, before we commence work.
If your tax invoice is not paid within 14 days interest will be charge at the rate of 5.75% per annum.
You may terminate our engagement in writing at any time. We will send you a tax invoice up to the date of the termination for an amount of the work then completed being the applicable proportion of the agreed price plus any expenses.